What is a Student Ambassador?
Student Ambassadors represent Angelina College on and off campus through a variety of service learning and community events and will serve as the first point of contact to prospective students, families, and the general community throughout the year. The program seeks dependable students from diverse backgrounds that demonstrate excellent communication skills and leadership potential.
Interested in applying? Click on the application link to complete an application today!
What are the benefits?
Through participation in the Student Ambassador Program, students will have an opportunity to:
- Gain leadership skills to prepare them for university transfer and/or job placement
- Develop critical thinking skills through coordination with campus and community entities
- Enhance interpersonal and communication skills through participation in Campus Tours and New Student Orientation
- Cultivate relationships with community organizations and gain awareness of needs impacting Angelina County and the surrounding areas
- Identify strengths and areas needing improvement for further career aspirations
- In addition Ambassadors may be eligible for:
- Academic scholarship and tuition waiver
- AC Student Ambassador polo
- Networking opportunities
- Certificate of Service
What are the responsibilities?
- Conduct group and individual campus tours to prospective students, parents, and families
- Participate in New Student Orientation events
- Assist with Angelina College Career Center
- Staff information tables at career and college fairs as assigned
- Provide general office assistance during peak registration times
- Participate in department, College, and community events as needed
- Special Assignments as assigned
What are the eligibility requirements to apply?
Students wishing to apply should be:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at Angelina College
- Successful completion of 12 credit hours prior to program enrollment preferred
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Commit to 1 year (fall, spring, summer)
- Possess excellent communication and leadership skills, and an outgoing personality
- If selected, must sign “Student Ambassador Agreement” outlining expectations
For additional information on the Student Ambassador Program, please contact:
Sarah Gandy OR Conssandra Williams
Student Center, Room 200
Phone: (936) 633-5212
Fax: (936) 633-5455
8:00am - 5:00pm